Posted on January 12, 2022 1:45 PM
Bowmanstown has ushered in the year 2022 under new leadership.
At its reorganization meeting on Tuesday, the city council named Pam Leiby as chairman of the board with 6-0 votes.
After that, the council was bogged down 3-3 when it came time to appoint a vice chairman between councilors Darren Thomas and William Ravert.
City Councilor Donna Winter, Leiby and Thomas voted for Thomas.
Councilor Kara Scott, Councilor Rob Moyer and Ravert stood for Ravert.
In the absence of Councilor Candace Rodrigues, Mayor Zach Snyder, in his capacity as Mayor, broke the tiebreaker when he cast the casting vote by voting for Thomas.
Thereafter, the council approved Thomas as vice chairman by 4-2 votes, while Ravert and Scott were against.
• Tonia Smale, Chair of the Vacancy Committee
• Rodney Reeser, Planning Commission
• Antoinette Mullen, Planning Commission
• Joe Rodrigues, Zoning Consultation Committee
• Domingo Lorenzo, zone audio board
• Darren Thomas, UCC Appeals Committee
• Broughal & DeVito LLP, lawyer
• Alfred Benesch & Company, engineer
• First Northern Bank & Trust, designated custodians
• Times News, advertising agency for public announcements
• Delegate of the Carbon County Tax Collection Committee
• Proposed Alternate Delegate for the Carbon County Tax Collection Committee
Bowmanstown Borough Council held its reorganization meeting last Tuesday. Pictured front from left are Council Vice President Darren Thomas, Council President Pam Leiby, Councilor Donna Winter and Councilor Kara Scott. Back, from left, Alderman William Ravert and Alderman Rob Moyer. City councilor Candace Rodrigues is not pictured. TERRY AHNER / TIMES NEWS