Student Life Vice President Jon Dooley sends out regular email update messages to keep students and parents abreast of the efforts towards a healthy spring semester.
Dear students, lecturers and employees,
Summary of updates in this message
- status updates
- Test and student health resources when the university is closed
The university dashboard is updated every weekday morning on the Healthy Elon website.
- 68 new COVID-19 cases were confirmed among Elon students and staff over the past week, April 6-12. This compares to 63 new cases the week before.
- As of yesterday, April 12, there were an estimated 41 active cases among Elon students and staff. This compares to 48 active cases a week ago.
- Alamance and Guilford counties are both now in the low category in the CDC community-level tracking tool.
- The CDC County Tracking website provides guidance on individual/household prevention behaviors and community-level prevention strategies associated with each of the levels.
Test and student health resources when the university is closed
- Elon Law School will not be holding classes on Friday, April 15 and the law school offices will remain closed.
- On Monday, April 18, there will be no undergraduate or graduate courses on the main campus and the university offices will be closed on the day.
- The student health services are closed on Sunday, April 17 and open on Monday, April 18, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at adjusted times student health service.
- Asymptomatic testing at the Oaks McCoy Commons will not be conducted on Monday, April 18, but will follow the regular schedule on all other days.
- Additional off-campus testing resources are listed on the Healthy Elon website testing page.
Detailed information is always available on the Healthy Elon website, which contains important health and wellness information for students and staff, including what to do if you feel ill, test positive, or are in close contact with a positive case. The site also provides answers to frequently asked questions about academics, immunizations, and staff information, as well as answers to questions related to the university’s mask policy and other campus protocols.
The next email update will be sent on Wednesday April 20 at 10:45 am unless an additional message is warranted earlier.
dr Jon Dooley
Vice President for Student Life