Colorado Springs – Motorists will see front works on Interstate-25 (between Fillmore Street and Garden of the Gods Road). This work requires nightly closures of I-25 lanes. Work will begin at 9:00 p.m. with closures of the two inside lanes off of I-25 southbound and then onto I-25 northbound.
impact on traffic
- Two lane closure in both directions of I-25
- 9pm Sunday May 15th to 5am Monday May 16th
- I-25 northbound and southbound – Mile Post 144-146
- Once work on Southbound I-25 is complete, crews will move to Northbound I-25
- Only one lane remains open
- Expect delays
- All work is weather dependent and will be postponed if operations cannot be completed
Increased traffic from community growth and business development has created a need for the Colorado Department of Transportation to begin the design and development of I-25 Auxiliary/Continuous Merge Lanes and other operational improvements in Colorado Springs from Fillmore Street to the Garden of the to initiate Gods Road. Improvements are consistent with the previously completed environmental review.
More information about this project:
Know before you go
Travelers are urged to “know before you travel.” Gather information about weather forecasts and expected travel impacts and current road conditions before setting off. CDOT resources include:
Remember: slow for the cone zone
The following tips are designed to help you travel safely through maintenance and construction work.
- Do not accelerate in work areas. Observe the posted speed limits.
- Stay alert! Expect the unexpected.
- Watch out for workers. Drive carefully.
- Don’t change lanes unnecessarily.
- Avoid using mobile devices such as phones while driving in work areas.
- Turn on your headlights so workers and other drivers can see you.
- Be extra vigilant at night when driving in work areas.
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Leave enough space between you and the car in front of you.
- Anticipate lane changes and drive together when prompted.
- Be patient!
Download the COtrip app!
The new FREE mobile app COtrip Planner was developed to meet the growing trend of information on mobile and tablet devices for the traveling audience. COtrip Planner app provides real-time traffic information nationwide and works on mobile devices operating on iOS and Android platforms. Visit the Google Play Store (Android devices) or the Apple Store (iOS devices) to download!