StreetInsider.com top ticker, 6/1/2022
Get instant notifications when there’s news about your stocks. Claim your 1 week free trial StreetInsider Premium here.
Activities and events celebrating the LGBTQ community in Florida’s Capital of Culture®
LAKE WORTH BEACH, Fla., June 01, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The Cultural Council for Palm Beach County supports and celebrates the LGBTQ community by showcasing artists and events at The Palm Beaches throughout the year. June is a special time to highlight the extraordinary contributions of the LGBTQ community during Pride Month.
From festivals to parades to family-friendly activities, below is a selection of arts and cultural events to enjoy in The Palm Beaches during Pride Month. For more information on June events in Palm Beach County, visit palmbeachculture.com/Events.
- Compass Community Center (West Palm Beach): Compass Community Center, which has been serving the LGBTQ+ community in Palm Beach County for nearly 35 years, is excited to host special events for Pride Month this June in addition to its ongoing LGBTQ+ community events.
- 20th Annual Stonewall Ball (West Palm Beach): Saturday, June 25 at the Cox Science Center and Aquarium. The evening includes food and drinks, a silent auction, live entertainment, an awards ceremony, dancing and more. The purpose of the Stonewall Ball is to raise funds to maintain programs and operations for the Compass Community Center. Funds raised support the LGBTQ+ community with programs such as: premium and co-payment programs for HIV/AIDS insurance and peer support groups, youth groups and activities, resources and support for transgender people, free mental health services, and cultural skills training for government agencies , corporations and small businesses. More information can be found here.
- On the way LBGTQ+ Women’s Walk (Palm Beach Gardens): An inclusive group for all LGBTQ+ women to get outside and walk together on June 4th at 9:30am at Frenchman’s Forest Preserve in Palm Beach Gardens. It’s a relaxed, social atmosphere to enjoy the great outdoors and meet new friends in Palm Beach County. More information can be found here.
- pride lights (West Palm Beach): On June 1st, in celebration of Pride Month, enjoy a rainbow of lights at Centennial Fountain, Nancy Graham Centennial Park, Citizens Building, Palm Beach Dramaworks Marquee and Brightline Station in downtown West Palm Beach. More information can be found here.
- Proud of the block (West Palm Beach): Pride on the Block is an annual Pride celebration and fundraiser in downtown West Palm Beach on June 4 from 1:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. It raises funds for Transpire Help, a nonprofit organization serving the LGBTQ+ community in Palm Beach County. Contributions directly help LGBTQ+ individuals access addiction treatment services, trans affirmative healthcare, housing and more. The event includes live entertainment, drag shows, youth activities, artist exhibits and vendors. More information can be found here.
- Norton Art Museum (West Palm Beach): The Norton Museum of Art will be hosting Pride Night at Art After Dark on Friday, June 10, 5-10 p.m. The 70’s themed night celebrates the LGBTQ community and includes special performances, artistic activities and is held in partnership with the Compass LGBTQ Community Center. Ticket information can be found here.
- The seat (West Palm Beach): The Square in West Palm Beach is hosting a two-day celebration of diversity and family on June 18-19, open to the public. Activities include cooking, writing and art classes honoring the diverse talents, writers and artistic influences of the community, a drag story time with compass center and a pop-up market. More information can be found here.
About the Palm Beach County Cultural Council
The Cultural Council for Palm Beach County is the official support agency for arts and culture in The Palm Beaches, Florida’s Capital of Culture®. Headquartered in the historic Robert M. Montgomery, Jr. building in downtown Lake Worth Beach, the council presents exhibitions and performances featuring artists who live or work in Palm Beach County. The building also serves as a VISIT FLORIDA designated Florida Certified Tourism Information Center, a helpful resource for visitors. The Council’s free Cultural Concierge program offers visitors expert recommendations, free tips and enhanced access to local events, talent and venues.
Serious news for serious traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium for free!